[Samba] Forward lookup DNS Issues samba 4.1.12-9 el6

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Mon Sep 29 08:41:33 MDT 2014

On 2014-09-29 13:59, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> Sven: why are you unhappy with this setup? I like it, actually.

Mainly because it means two more services that need to be monitored for
failures, patched and otherwise maintained. Sure, it solves this
particular Samba bug(?), but who knows how many it'll introduce in the
long term?

Regarding DNSSEC etc., our Samba was/is configured to use the internal
DNS backend, and 8.8.8.8 as forwarder, so it isn't bind specific nor
should be an upstream configuration problem, as we only have that
problem when Samba is proxying it – proxying both Samba and Google's DNS
through our gateway solves it.

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at