[Samba] Issue with printer sharing

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Sat Sep 20 11:22:50 MDT 2014

Le 20/09/2014 18:53, Marc Muehlfeld a écrit :
> Hello Sébastien,
>
> Am 20.09.2014 um 12:11 schrieb Sébastien Le Ray:
>> Yes, triple checked :-)
>> Sadly I only have one Windows 2008 box right now, will try to get a
>> Win7Pro to get another printmanagement.msc instance to see if it's an
>> issue from the windows box or the whole config (since a Win7Home
>> successfully installed the printer it might be an issue with the 2k8)
> I think it should make no difference if done on 2k8 or W7.
>
> I tried the Ricoh Universal Print Driver 4.4.0, PCL6 in my test
> environment. Uploading the x64 driver on a 4.1.12 Member Server worked
> fine. I could preconfigure the driver on the server without problems and
> a test print was send to my LPRng, that puts it to /dev/null. But I
> didn't see any errors.

Err… tried with a win7 box, same issue. Changed the driver (specific
one, not universal), same issue. I guess I missed something. What's
strange is that installing the printer outsite printmanagement.msc works
fine but as soon as I try through it, its doesn't work. The error code
seems to be RPC_S_PROCNUM_OUT_OF_RANGE
Will try to find time to dig into this on monday.
Thanks for your check, I'll keep you in touch.