[Samba] Issue with printer sharing

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Sep 20 10:53:13 MDT 2014

Hello Sébastien,

Am 20.09.2014 um 12:11 schrieb Sébastien Le Ray:
> Yes, triple checked :-)
> Sadly I only have one Windows 2008 box right now, will try to get a
> Win7Pro to get another printmanagement.msc instance to see if it's an
> issue from the windows box or the whole config (since a Win7Home
> successfully installed the printer it might be an issue with the 2k8)

I think it should make no difference if done on 2k8 or W7.

I tried the Ricoh Universal Print Driver 4.4.0, PCL6 in my test
environment. Uploading the x64 driver on a 4.1.12 Member Server worked
fine. I could preconfigure the driver on the server without problems and
a test print was send to my LPRng, that puts it to /dev/null. But I
didn't see any errors.

Regards,
Marc