[Samba] time sync for windows workstations

Ryan Ashley ryana at reachtechfp.com
Wed Sep 3 12:39:08 MDT 2014

Windows time does now use NTP. In fact every workstation I setup for
clients I set to use "us.pool.ntp.org" and they work fine. Domain
systems work with the Samba DC and ntpd just fine though. There is a
mode called "NTDS5" though, and I assume it has something to do with
directory services. Not sure how it works. Like I said, I set non-domain
systems to use NTP and the main US pool and all is good.