[Samba] Samba 3.6.23 and Windows 7

Karel Lang AFD lang at afd.cz
Thu Oct 30 18:43:52 MDT 2014

Hi,
i think - the SID of the workstation (laptop) respectively the RID part
of the SID number has changed due the fact it's new machine.
And - in your profile, that is stored somewhere at network drive, there
is somewhere stored NTUSER.DAT file referring still to SID-RID of old
laptop.

you can compare:
strings NTUSER.DAT | grep -i S-1-5-21
with
pdbedit -Lv machinename

the SID-RID should be same

I had same message after migration and changing/rearraging SID numbers
for machines.

cheers,

--
*Karel Lang*