[Samba] Migration to Samba 4

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:24:06 MDT 2014

Hi!

In fact, at your new Samba4 AD DC, if you disable NetBIOS, then, it
will not conflict with old NT-Like Domain (which have NetBIOS).

So, the only way to join your new Samba 4 AD DC domain is by
configuring the DNS, otherwise, it will stay there, quiet...

Am I right?!

BTW, I did more or less something like this here in my company, the
only difference was that I was migrating "MYDOM" from W2k8R2 (with
NetBIOS) to Samba4 (without NetBIOS).

Also, I did not copied the SID from old MYDOM, to new MYDOM, in fact,
they are different.

Disabling Netbios in smb.conf (everywhere, DC, hosts, members,
workstations, etc);

--- smb.conf ---
[global]
        disable netbios = yes