[Samba] Vampire

Ryan Bair ryandbair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 08:00:55 MDT 2014

No, vampire is only for migrating from NT4 domains.

Personally, I've had very good luck with upgrades. Always backup beforehand
of course.

You could try to join a new DC, migrate the roles, and demote the old DC if
you have your heart set on a new DC. If you go this route I would still
upgrade the old DC first anyway as there have been some bugs fixed in this
realm.