[Samba] R­E: Samba­4: Setti­ng u­p ­share/­se­curity pe­

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Wed Oct 22 01:53:15 MDT 2014

> You might be better off administering the domain from a Win7 Box. IIRC there
> is an issue with the XP version of ADUC. I can't administer my own domain from
> XP, but it works from the Win7 box...
>
> And (at least here) it only works when I log in Win7 as domain admin. Maybe You
> give it a try.
>
> Best regards
> Peter

Hello Peter,

I really appreciate your feedback and the try to help me. But that definitely is not the problem ;) As I already explained, you will recognize that this is a "permission" thing and how I solved it. So there's no more intervention needed, I'm happy at the moment. But thanks for feedback.

Cheers,
Mirco

> PS: You should stop using XP...
> PS2: Don't start using Win7 32 bit. It eats up these max. 3 GB RAM like it was nothing. :-(

:-)