[Samba] Samba client doesn't work SMB2 with MAC 0S 10.9.5

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Tue Oct 21 14:20:06 MDT 2014

Just getting back to our Samba 4.0.7 and 3.6.5. I was able to modify our 4.0.7 implementation to work with the 4.0.7 version by adding some additional checks for SMB2 that weren't in the original patch Jeremy originally gave me. I also had to make a special check when deleting a file, because do_list was called, but on the MAC it returns a different error code, than windows does, which was causing us to error out, even though the delete took place.

For 3.6.5, I finally found the smb.conf entry 'client signing = disabled', now let's everything work. I just need to verify that is proper for 3.6.5. Since the client doesn't support SMB2, I'm guessing it's a valid statement to have. Please confirm.

Mike