[Samba] Windows 8 polices are not applied

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Oct 18 08:15:13 MDT 2014

Hello Jeroen,

Am 17.10.2014 um 17:19 schrieb Jeroen J.A.W. Hermans:
> I am having some problems with the group policies in a small (~10 pc's)
> AD. I have set up Samba and i used a NAS for saving home folders and
> policies. I then had to replace the NAS and i used a new ip for the new
> NAS. For the last step i changed the ip of the redirected folders in the
> policy in order to point all pc's to the new NAS. It seems the policies
> are not applied as i still see the computers try to use the old NAS.

* Is this problem only related to Windows 8 clients? Or do you only have
those Windows 8 machines?

* Can you update to a newer Samba version? The early 4.0 versions had
wrong directory and SysVol ACLs. Maybe this would directly fix your
problems.

Note: If you update to a recent version:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Updates_of_early_Samba_4_version_on_Samba_Active_Directory_DCs
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Updating_from_.3C.3D_4.0.11_or_4.1.1

Regards,
Marc