[Samba] Windows 8 polices are not applied

Jeroen J.A.W. Hermans j.hermans at epsys.nl
Fri Oct 17 09:19:10 MDT 2014

Hello all,

I am having some problems with the group policies in a small (~10 pc's)
AD. I have set up Samba and i used a NAS for saving home folders and
policies. I then had to replace the NAS and i used a new ip for the new
NAS. For the last step i changed the ip of the redirected folders in the
policy in order to point all pc's to the new NAS. It seems the policies
are not applied as i still see the computers try to use the old NAS.

[jhermans at lanserver1 ~]$ samba --version
Version 4.0.1-4.centos6.1
[jhermans at lanserver1 ~]$ uname -a
Linux lanserver1.smarthomes.lan 2.6.32-431.3.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jan
3 21:39:27 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[jhermans at lanserver1 ~]$ host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.smarthomes.lan
_kerberos._udp.smarthomes.lan has SRV record 0 100 88
lanserver1.smarthomes.lan.
[jhermans at lanserver1 ~]$ host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.smarthomes.lan
_ldap._tcp.smarthomes.lan has SRV record 0 100 389
lanserver1.smarthomes.lan.
[jhermans at lanserver1 ~]$ host -t A lanserver1.smarthomes.lan
lanserver1.smarthomes.lan has address 10.20.0.33

I checked that the Windows clients have 10.20.0.33 as the DNS server.
I also tried runnning: gpupdate /force on the clients. The clients
donnot update the policies and now i am stuck with half-functioning
clients.

I hope you can give me some help with this problem.
Thank you very much. If you need any more information i am happy to
provide you with that.
Kind regards,

Jeroen Hermans