[Samba] LAM (ldap acc manager) with samba4

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:11:14 MDT 2014

Hello Mourik,

I've tried various settings for the LAM administer the Samba4, but without
success. With the RSAT can administer normally. But I would like to
configure the LAM.

I tried to follow the tips below of the link:
https://www.ldap-account-manager.org/static/doc/manual/ch03s02.html#idp57751376

Could you give me some basic settings as I set the LAM?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 6:42 AM, mourik jan heupink - merit <
heupink at merit.unu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Elias,
>
> Yes, we have been using it. It basically works as advertised, except all
> accounts that have been touched by it, generate a 'normalization error'.
> (reported by samba-tool dbcheck)
>
> Search the archives here to learn more. The errors are considered
> harmless, but I don't like them. ADUC can do what lam does, for our needs
> anyway. So basically we are not using lam very much anymore.
>
> The only advantage (for us) it has over ADUC, it that it is easy to use
> remotely.
>
> Hope this answers your question.
>
> Mourik Jan
>
> On 10/14/2014 17:28, Elias Pereira wrote:
>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> Someone already configured the LAM to manage the Samba4?
>>
>>  --

Elias Pereira