[Samba] LAM (ldap acc manager) with samba4

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Oct 15 03:42:15 MDT 2014

Hi Elias,

Yes, we have been using it. It basically works as advertised, except all
accounts that have been touched by it, generate a 'normalization error'.
(reported by samba-tool dbcheck)

Search the archives here to learn more. The errors are considered
harmless, but I don't like them. ADUC can do what lam does, for our
needs anyway. So basically we are not using lam very much anymore.

The only advantage (for us) it has over ADUC, it that it is easy to use
remotely.

Hope this answers your question.

Mourik Jan