[Samba] Samba 4 "Trigger" when user is created???

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Nov 15 00:35:06 MST 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 19:55 -0800, Greg Zartman wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
> wrote:
>         No, because that wouldn't catch anything (much) any more.
>         Most users
>
>         (and by default, all machine accounts) are created against AD
>         via the
>         LDAP interface.
>

> What about setting up 0mq and have samba send a message asynchronously
> when a user is created/deleted? This wouldn't disrupt your current
> work flow, but would provide a triggering event we could use to
> perform certain tasks on the *nix system that don't fit into the
> traditional active directory model.

That is a reasonable request.  In the meantime, look into dirsync as a
way to be told when changes happen in AD.  You can also locate recent
changes in AD by watching the usNCreated and usNChanged attributes on
the objects.  (The rootDSE has a global highest USN in
highestCommittedUSN).

Andrew Bartlett