[Samba] dhcp best practice

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 11 02:54:23 MST 2014

Hai,

If have tested some things with samba and DHCP failover.
DHCP Failover wil i got working, was with samba with BIND9_FLATFILE database backend,
aka, i didnt get it to work with Bind9_DLZ. (yet)

i have a basic setup for a DHCP on samba, found here. ( this is for 1 server, tested with samba 4.1.x Bind9_DLZ )
https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/
Base on debian Wheezy.

(the flatfile setup)
This site was used.
 http://consultancy.edvoncken.net/index.php/HOWTO_Design_a_fault-tolerant_DHCP_%2B_DNS_solution

I didnt have the time yet to try a dhcp failover with bind9_dlz setup.
but it should be possible imo.

and  ;-) if you get it to work, wel.. please share ;-)

Greetz,

Louis