[Samba] Samba internal dns problem / No domain service

sr sr42354 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 06:07:06 MST 2014

Le 06/11/2014 12:25, Rowland Penny a écrit :
> On 06/11/14 10:59, sr wrote:

>>> How did you join the Samba4 DC to the windows domain ?
>> I followed the wiki guide "Join a domain as a DC" with no problem
>> unless for the msdcs CNAME entry of the new dc, which return error (
>> I did it with the win2000 graphical interface, like others guys in
>> the same situation )
>
> SO, 'host -t CNAME YOUR_objectGUID._msdcs.samba4.domain.com.' does not
> return a CNAME, have you run:
>
> samba-tool dns add IP-of-your-DNS _msdcs.samba4.domain.com
> YOUR_objectGUID CNAME DC2.samba4.domain.com -Uadministrator
>
> Also, I see that you mention 'the win2000 graphical interface' , I
> wonder if this is the problem, the lowest function level of Samba4 AD
> is 2003 ?
>
> Rowland
No, the command 'host -t CNAME
YOUR_objectGUID._msdcs.samba4.domain.com.' return 'host -t CNAME
YOUR_objectGUID._msdcs.samba4.domain.com is an alias for samba4.domain.com'.
whops! I would says "win2008 graphical interface. ;)
I try a first install with domain and forest with a 2008 functional
level with the same problem... ( now it's a 2003 domain and forest
functional level )
Thanks.

Samuel