[Samba] Migration to Samba 4

Sonic sonicsmith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:34:26 MST 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org> wrote:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Classic_Upgrade_%28NT4-style_domain_to_AD%29
>
> The old PDC can't be demoted to an AD Member. Remove the databases and
> adapt the config for Member Server (see Wiki).

The main two things - keeping the same SID's and being able to still
contact the old PDC for file and print sharing without changes on the
client systems. The profiles are all local and not roaming. If I have
to remap the permissions on the old PDC that will now be made a Member
Server that should not be a problem. Just don't want to screw with a
bunch of client systems and 200 users.

Chris