[Samba] Maybe not related to Samba - Shares don't show up on desktop

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri May 30 12:10:34 MDT 2014

Now that most things seem to be functioning, I'm wondering about
something else.

On a Netware system, when I view the Microsoft  Network, I see the
machines that are active on the network. I can open the servers and see
any shares on that server. I can then right-click on the share and map
to a network drive

Currently on our pretend server, I can see the server but cannot open it
to see shares on that server. I therefore must know what I want to map a
drive to before I map it.

Is there any setting that makes the shares show up under the server
similar to the way it does on Netware?

I think I have all of the permissions set properly for the user on the
Windows machine to see the shares. I can map them without any problems.
I just can't see them to select them.

I have to thank all of you for making this task of Samba AD so clear.
It's amazing how the light turns on after a few nudges from informed folk.

steve campbell