[Samba] Can login as Guest from server, but not from workstation?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:25:47 MDT 2014

You may want to check your smb.conf (or " testparm -v" output) for the
"guest account" variable.

The default is
     guest account = nobody

that I think should map to an existing (and probably restricted) unix
user account (e.g. in /etc/passwd.)

I don't think you need to create a samba account for "nobody."