[Samba] Recvfile patch issue with windows.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 29 12:35:03 MDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:38:34AM +0530, sp bglr wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Requested logs level 10  and related data is attached.
> "i have a recvfile patch for samba4.1" is https://lkml.org/lkml/
> 2013/7/22/639.

Did you see the follow-up analysis of that patch
by a Linux kernel engineer ?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/7/23/37

"I'll stop there. This is fundamentally broken. It's an attempt to do
a multi-page write operation without any of the supporting
structures needed to handle the failure cases properly.  The nested
page locking has "deadlock" written all over it, and the lack of
partial failure handling shouts "data corruption" and "stale data
exposure" to me. The fact it can block for up to 8 seconds waiting
for network shenanigans to be completed while holding lots of locks
is going to cause all sorts of problems under memory pressure."