[Samba] Intermittent failure
ml at netfence.it
Wed May 28 02:37:29 MDT 2014
On 05/14/14 10:27, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> I'm in need of some help to shed some light on a strange problem.
> The box is running Samba 4.1.7 on FreeBSD 9.2/amd64 and I suspect
> (though I'm not sure) all troubles started after the upgrade from 4.1.6.
> The setup is quite simple: no AD, no LDAP, only one server.
> A command as simple as "smbclient -U user //SERVER/SHARE", if fired up
> several times in a row on the server itself, will sometimes succeed,
> somtimes fail.
> Same happens for "smbclient -U root -L //SERVER".
Update: I went back to 4.1.6 and I confirm this does not happen, i.e.
4.1.6 always succeeds.
Unfortunately it has other shortcomings (like "force user" not working).
So I guess this is a regression in 4.1.7.
I'm waiting for 4.1.8 to come into the port tree, in order to test it.
More information about the samba