[Samba] need help cleaning up my smb3 databases to complete smb4 classic upgrade

Adam Wojnarski adam.wojnarski at gmail.com
Mon May 26 02:38:28 MDT 2014

Since there is no response to my previous e-mail, I have an idea for a
different approach- perhaps I can use those commands
net rpc samdump         Dump SAM data of remote NT PDC
net rpc vampire         Sync a remote NT PDC's data into local passdb
net rpc getsid          Fetch the domain sid into local secrets.tdb
to pump my domain data to a fresh tdb database and ensure consistancy this way?

This way I would migrate oldsmb3->newsmb3(as secondary
DC)->newsmb4(->and then finally be able to build a trust with ad2008
but that's a different story)
Or will the invalid entries be copied as well? I prefer to ask prior
to doing something that will turn out to be a total waste of time. If
It is supposed to work as I wrote, which options should I use?

Or coming back to my previous approach - perhaps I need to dump the db
in a special way or it's a ssid not connected to users at all and I
need to check another tdb? I still think that identifying and deleting
the offending record is the best approach.

Maybe the classic upgrade has some kind of --force equivalent I could
You to try to migrate overlooking errorous entries in tdb's?

I've been struggling for a few weeks now so any help will be welcome.

Best Regards,
Adam