[Samba] Copy Samba 4.0.9 to samba 4.1

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri May 23 15:24:43 MDT 2014

Hello,

Am 09.05.2014 13:50, schrieb DarkZad:
> My HD is bad, so I have change my bad HD.
>
> How do I replace the new files from Samba 4.1 to Samba 4.0.9?
>
> Otherwise I will lose all my settings.

I'm not sure, what you mean. You are not very detailed.

You have 4.0.9 on your old harddisk and want to copy the complete Samba
installation to the new disk that has 4.1?

I would recommend that you copy the complete OS including all databases,
configs, etc. to the new HDD and then upgrade to 4.1.x:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba#Update_process

If this is not what you want, then please be more detailed about your
current situation/installation and what you want to achieve.

Regards,
Marc