[Samba] Totally missing the mark here

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Fri May 23 13:38:15 MDT 2014

I haven't been following the list carefully, but have you followed the Samba wiki?

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO

This should get you setup with an AD quite quickly.
I'm not sure about the sernet packages - I've seen _some_ problems in the past, but perhaps those reports are not valid any more. Frankly, compiling your own isn't half hard. [And since there aren't any good [read: current] distro supported packages you end up having to do "manual" updates anyway - so compiling is a little more hard than just installing a package, but also tends to help remove any potential problems/compatibility issues that often crop up from a package

[But that's all mainly an aside. Start with the Wiki and go from there. If it doesn't work be specific with your questions etc.]

-Greg