[Samba] Best Way to install a Samba4 DC with Samba3 Memberserver

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri May 23 06:10:30 MDT 2014

Hello Hauke,

Am 23.05.2014 13:09, schrieb Hauke Homburg:
> Ich want wo install a SAMBA4 DC with an SAMBA 3 Memberserver.
>
> Ich want to install the Linux with Debian Whezzy and the SAMBA 4
> Packages from Sernet.
>
> I think i have the Choice to install the SAMBA 3 Server with the Debian
> Packages oder with the Sernet Packages. What is the best Way to do this?

What exactly do you mean? How to install the packages? Or configure the
Member Server in general?

Why do you want to install the Member Server with the old version 3x?
Samba 4.1 is maintained and contains many improvements.

Samba 3.6 will be discontinued soon (when 4.2 will be released). At
least then you have to move to 4x or you have a vendor that continues to
provide you bug and security fixes.

Regards,
Marc