[Samba] Perf enhancements in Samba4.1 related to SMB2.1 / SMB3.0 protocol

Thu May 22 05:38:24 MDT 2014

Hi!

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 08:42:20AM +0000, Osanai, Hisashi wrote:
> Thank you for the information.
>
> I checked the URLs which you gave me and also checked in the master
> branch but I could not find out enough information so far.
> I'm looking forward to more detailed information (road map).
>
> # I found out some work branches these might related to SMB3.0
> # but difficult understand which is suitable one...

SMB3.0 is quite a lot of features. We know that everybody wants all
of it, but we have to do it piece by piece. We need multichannel,
persistent handles and RDMA as the big ones. If you hope to know when
this will happen from a Road Map document, all I can say is that it
depends on budget for these pieces. Budget could either mean that someone
internally starts developing patches. Or it could mean that someone pays
the people who have worked in that area before to do the work. For hints
who to contact to do devlopment for you you might want to take a look
at https://www.ohloh.net/p/samba/contributors

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de