[Samba] samba 3 performance with windows 7 workstations

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Wed May 21 07:54:05 MDT 2014

Further to previous post.
I have changed each of the seven win7 PCs to use smb1 instead of smb2
It has made no difference to Sage performance.
I noted today that a batch task which would previously take 1-2 minutes
completes in an hour.
I checked on the server processes and the user running sage had 1 minute 6
seconds of server time when the task completed.
I had assumed that the only variable was replacing XP workstations with
win7, but I discovered today that the accountant had been in last week and
installed Sage line50 2014.
Anybody have any ideas?
Peter Lawrie