[Samba] Irregular crash of samba 3.6.6 (debian wheezy)

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Mon May 19 14:23:52 MDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Bill Arlofski <waa-samba at revpol.com> wrote:
> We have been seeing this since 3.6.? and have upgraded several times to 3.6.23
> and the problem still haunts us.

I know "works here" isn't the most helpful, but I've been running the
Samba 3.6 series under Gentoo starting with 3.6.6 (was on the 3.5
series before 3.6.6 was released due to various issues with 3.6
versions prior to 3.6.6) with no problems, currently at 3.6.22 on that
system, but the 3.6 series has been running non-stop except for
upgrades since July 4th, 2012, fully utilized as a PDC plus file and
printer sharing. Although admittedly the Samba installs were built
using my own custom ebuilds.

Chris