[Samba] Repository for latest Samba 3.x packaged for Ubuntu Trusty 14.04?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu May 15 18:04:34 MDT 2014

Greetings Andrew,

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Samba 4.x still provides the classic DC functionality you desire, you
> need not fear an upgrade.

Thank you for the kind / prompt reply.

Must Samba 4.x DC take over DNS? I have an alternate (to what Samba 4.x selected) DNS implementation deployed, and understood that moving to Samba 4 level code insists on taking over DNS. That to me
is the biggest fear point.

I would see "Samba 4 DC non AD DC non taking over DNS" as a feasible baby step forward. Get some warm fuzzies about all that changed between Samba 3.x and Samba 4.x before giving up my DNS
implementation of choice.

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck