[Samba] Questions on Raising Functional levels

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:43:32 MDT 2014

     Does raising the domain level need to be done on all DC's running
in the Forest or just one? How about the forest level? The wiki makes me
believe only one is needed. Will rasing the functional levels prevent
any samba4 version from joining the domain? I would like to raise my
current 2003 level to 2008 to take advantage of the following features.

  * Advanced Encryption Standard (AES 128 and AES 256) support for the
    Kerberos protocol. In order for TGTs to be issued using AES, the
    domain functional level must be Windows Server 2008 or higher and
    the domain password needs to be changed.

    For more information, see Kerberos Enhancements
    <http://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc749438%28WS.10%29.aspx>.

  * Last Interactive Logon Information

    Last Interactive Logon Information displays the following information:

      o The total number of failed logon attempts at a domain-joined
        Windows Server 2008 server or a Windows Vista workstation

      o The total number of failed logon attempts after a successful
        logon to a Windows Server 2008 server or a Windows Vista workstation

      o The time of the last failed logon attempt at a
        Windows Server 2008 or a Windows Vista workstation

      o The time of the last successful logon attempt at a
        Windows Server 2008 server or a Windows Vista workstation

Does Samba currently support these? Thanks.

--
-James