[Samba] Perf enhancements in Samba4.1 related to SMB2.1 / SMB3.0 protocol

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 15 01:08:18 MDT 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:14:37PM +0530, sp bglr wrote:
> In samba4.1 splices from socket to pipe , then from pipe to socket?

>From socket to pipe, then from pipe to file.

That's the way the interface is supposed
to work, and indeed it does do that. However,
as I said, it's slower than the read/write
path.

> Writing
> a recvfile patch related to this is considerable?
> or anything else can be done to achieve the goal?

I posted a version of the kernel patch
to implement recvfile to the kernel
mailing list - got rejected of course
(but it wasn't very nice code :-). If
you want to fix that up and get it upstream
many people would be very happy with
you :-).

Jeremy