[Samba] NFSv4 acls inheritance flags

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Fri May 9 21:33:58 MDT 2014

Dante Colo wrote:
> NFSv4 acls works nice on UFS except the inheritance flags, , i was planning to use vfs_acl_xattr and posix acls (XFS and ext4 on Linux) before, it works fine but when i set some permissions on shares from a Windows machine it takes too much time , on a share with around 30GB and 100000 files it takes around 20 minutes too apply permissions, is this normal ?

----
Locally, resetting that many file acl's could take, at least a few
minutes depending on
what acl's were already in place.

Doing it over a network -- one call at a time, ... I can see that being
"normal"[sic].

I'd login to the server and do it locally (and I have a fast ethernet
connection, but
latency is a killer).