[Samba] Netbios Browsing with 4.1.7 - Can I get some clarification on how to use "internal nbt server" (or if I am even able to)

JD Daniels jd at internetguys.ca
Sun May 4 09:43:44 MDT 2014

I have been searching around - I cant seem to figure out if netbios
browsing is supposed to work or not.

# /usr/sbin/nmbd -F -S
nmbd version 4.1.7 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2013
server role = 'active directory domain controller' not compatible with
running nmbd standalone.
You should start 'samba' instead, and it will control starting the
internal nbt server

How do I determine if the nbt server is running? (I cannot see my samba
4.1.7 AD server with netbios browsing)
Some resources I found in my searching say this simply does not work

--
JD Daniels