[Samba] Update3: easy - automated setup : Debian Wheezy withsernet samba 4.1 : sysvol replication with unison. (now with extendedattributes support )

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 31 03:39:17 MDT 2014

Hai Marc,

No, unison itself cant replicate the extended attributes.
But you made a point thanks for that.

>Does unison replicates extended attributes? This is required.
>I haven't
>used unison for a long time, but when I'm right, it's not supported.
No, standard it does not, but you can use the copyprog  copyprogrest copyquoterem to make this work with rsync.

>Bi-directional syncronisation would be nice. But how does it
>react, if a
>file was changed on DC A and B? Is always the newer replicated?
The latest version is replicated, based on timestamp of the file.
But then this happend, then there is something very wrong.

i've tested this, i can update gpo on server A or B, both end up the same in folders and files.
with only the latest versions of the timestamp.

So that said ..  ;-)  i have updated the script.
Now its unison with rsync and the extended attributes are also copied.

so now we have it...
Bi directional sync, with rsync and unison.
we need rsync for the directory structure to be created,
for some reason this didnt work with the modified unison setup.
so its a 2 setups sync, 1 rsync 2 unison.

See the updated script : https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/3-setup-sysvol-bidirectional-BETA.sh

Beta, testers are welkom.  ;-)

Thank you Marc for pointing this out.

Greetz,