[Samba] Update3: easy - automated setup : Debian Wheezy with sernet samba 4.1 : sysvol replication with unison.

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Mar 30 09:48:39 MDT 2014

Hello Louis,

Am 28.03.2014 12:09, schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> Small update since i need som testers..
>
> im trying to setup bi-directional sysvol replication.
> Unison has this ability.
> http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Does unison replicates extended attributes? This is required. I haven't
used unison for a long time, but when I'm right, it's not supported.

Bi-directional syncronisation would be nice. But how does it react, if a
file was changed on DC A and B? Is always the newer replicated? Then
some changes may getting lost. In that case I still would suggest, the
editing should only be done on one DC.

Regards,
Marc