[Samba] Linux machine to join Samba Domain

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:26:59 MDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Rowland Penny
<rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think you missed the post where he said that he installed by following the
> Samba wiki howto, if you are saying that this is wrong as far as Centos 6 is
> concerned, would you like to join the new documentation team and update the
> wiki?

Good point. Hmm. I'd want to have some test beds to test options on,
and some time. Let me see what I can scrape up for those before I
commit. I did one of the first SunOS ports way back when, and kept my
hand in with some NFSv4 testing and the more recent backports of 4.1.6
I did to RHEL based systems. So, maybe I should.

> I do agree that the OP needs to post more info about what he has done, post
> his conf files etc and also just what he
> thinks that his samba server should be able to do.

And, if possible, his "./configre" options. The MIT versus Heimdall
kerberos options matter.