[Samba] winbind bug?

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Fri Mar 28 08:01:23 MDT 2014

Appreciate everyone's help on this. Much thanks to Rowland and
Jonathan.  I had not installed a "new" instance since 2008 it turns out
(and I've probably logged into this instance 5 times the whole time it
has been up), and this major shift really bit me.  Or rather, the fact
that the darn thing just simply worked when apparently it shouldn't have
bit me.  I read the man pages in the security/domain section again and I
may be blind (or not understanding the terminology again) but I still
don't see where it says to do this though I accept the knowledge of this
group that it is fact.  After going through this...wow... I think right
there in every document ever written there should be a disclaimer in all
caps and in bold where if you set security to be ads, YOU MUST PUT YOUR
UNIX ATTRIBUTES IN THE AD.  That would have saved me an entire week.
Again, thanks to all!

Sincerely,

Doug Tucker