[Samba] samba-tool illegal instruction setting up Kerberos auth for http

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 03:29:37 MDT 2014

On 26/03/14 01:18, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 21:10 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>> If others are looking for this bug:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/samba/+bug/1289318
>>>
>>> I have added myself in.
>>> Regards,
>> Something might get done now, I have just received a notification that
>> the bug now affects multiple users, if you can call two, multiple ;-)
> This is already fixed in upstream and in debian.  The HDB API changed.

> Updates to Heimdal and Samba are required to fix it.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Yes I knew this, but the problem is that Ubuntu seems to think that they
can just backport the samba part of the fix to 4.1.3 (a version they
decided to go with after jessie moved to 4.1.4) and everything would
just work. Surprise, surprise, it doesn't. Telling us here that it is
fixed, does not help, somebody with clout needs to tell ubuntu to stop
messing about and move to the latest debian jessie package or they are
going to release 14.04 with a badly broken major package.

Rowland