[Samba] multiple dns forwarders

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed Mar 19 12:43:56 MDT 2014

Am 19.03.2014 19:29, schrieb steve:
> Maybe you could include a section in your howto for those moving to bind
> from internal?

How you switch the backends, you can find in the general DNS HowTo:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS#Changing_the_DNS_backend

 > samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
 > gets us started but then there's also the gotchas of permissions to
 > allow bind access to stuff under private:
 > the dns partition at sam.ldb.d (and so the folder itself)
 > dns
 > dns.keytab

What do you mean with "permissions to allow bind access to stuff under
private"? All file permissions were set during provisioning in a way,
that named get what it requires. The steps in the HowTo are all you
need. I do the switch quite often on my test environment. At least I
answer user DNS questions I want to verify. Never need to change
permissions yet.

Regards,
Marc