[Samba] multiple dns forwarders

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Mar 19 12:29:35 MDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 19:10 +0100, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Am 19.03.2014 18:27, schrieb mourik jan heupink - merit:
> > Thanks for your responses. I'm using the internal dns, as it seems
> > simpler to setup. I understand now that this limits me to only one
> > forwarder.
> >
> > I'll think about switching to bind as a backend later, for now I'm
> > trying to keep things simple. :-)
>
> Here you find everything you need for a BIND_DLZ setup:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Dns-backend_bind

Hi
But the OP has already provisioned.

Maybe you could include a section in your howto for those moving to bind
from internal?

samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ
gets us started but then there's also the gotchas of permissions to
allow bind access to stuff under private:
the dns partition at sam.ldb.d (and so the folder itself)
dns
dns.keytab

Just a thought.