[Samba] Active Directory share strange issue

Andy Durant adurant at vestec.com
Tue Mar 11 17:52:52 MDT 2014

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

Server has a single IP.

I've tried it with various version after it stopped working, the results
been the same with them all.  I can access the directories directly by
path but not hitting the root first.

Browsing by IP gives the same result.  I can directly access the shares
by path but not by root. \\server throws the same error.

I can not browse to \\domain either.  I can ping it and get the proper
result though.  I have verified all dns is working correctly.

log level is currently at 5 but theres nothing in there that hasnt been
in there from day 1. The only errors are:

     (Executable '/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_kcc' doesn't belong to any
package and ProcessUnpackaged is set to 'no')
      abrtd: 'post-create' on
'/var/spool/abrt/pyhook-2014-03-11-19:47:22-4324' exited with 1
     abrtd: Deleting problem directory
'/var/spool/abrt/pyhook-2014-03-11-19:47:22-4324'

These have been there since day 1 and its been working for almost 2
months.  This problem just started within the last few days.

Andy

--
Andy Durant
Information Technology Manager