[Samba] about samba failover

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jun 26 02:02:30 MDT 2014

im having it like this

Xen 6.2 servers with.
DC1	( ntp/dns/ldap/dhcp ) ! dhcp can be in failover mode, but not with bind9_DLZ must be bind9_flate file.
DC2  	( ntp/dns/ldap/dhcp backup ) same install as above incase server 1 is down. data files ares synced.
	  ntp1/2  dns1/2 and ldap1/2 are set as alias in dns.

member1 CTDB setup
member2 CTDB setup
proxy1 and 2 with kerberos and ldap auth as fallback.  ( squidclamav icap anti-ads setup and proxy ssl with ssl-bump )
webserver with sso for webmail ( kerberos auth ) lan site / Wan site ldap auth with group control
email server im using zarafa , but on physical hardware, because of my database size 110Gb+

software used Debian wheezy on all servers.
sernet samba 4 for DC and Member servers.
Debian Samba 4 from backports for proxy servers ( and you need squid 3.3.x for kerberos and icap to work correctly )
webserver debian wheezy no samba ( sso setup )
example here : https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/18332/zarafa-outlook-amp-webaccess-sso-with-samba4
mail server zarafa 7.1.10 added in Samba AD, and transports/aliasses in AD, almost no postfix changed needed.
90% is done in ad, last 10% im working on..
Push mail.

In sort almost a MS SBS based on samba4 thanks to these great samba developers AND
all the people of the samba communitie who are helping everyone.  ;-)

Greetz,

Louis