[Samba] Disable Pam checking for Samba4 Standalone role server with samdb_dbds as passdb backend !

CpServiceSPb . cpservicespb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 05:47:57 MDT 2014

>>* There is Samba4 4.1.8 as StandAlone server role is installed at ubuntu
*>*> 14.04 LTS from sources.
*>*> There is samdb_dbds as passdb backend.
*>*> Provisioning and adding user to Samba4 is successful.
*>*> But there is no such user exactly at Ubuntu OS users.
*>*> And I don' t want that there would be such user at OS !!
*>*> But shares can not be accessed from Win XP/7 clients - user credentials are
*>*> asked again and again even after right user/pass is gone to Samba4 from
*>*> clients.
*
> This is because the underlying OS does not know about your AD users.

Just a minute ! I have Samba4 4.1.8 which shares folders on NTFS
mounted partitions.
And as I understand Samba4 provides access to such shares.

So, tell me how or what way is OS connected with serving this shares ?

What or hiw is OS taken part in it ?

By the way, if Samba4 acts as DC, nothing else is needed. All works
fine without additional activity.