[Samba] Second HowTo about setup and configure file shares

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 00:56:41 MDT 2014

Am 16.06.2014 07:47, schrieb Marc Muehlfeld:
>> If you provide vfs objects does this turn off all the
>> other defaults or is that all is needed for a member server.
>
> DCs have the ext. attributes enabled globally per default (see HowTo).
> So you would use the other HowTo. I'm not sure, if 'vfs objects =
> acl_xattr' is enabled globally, if there's a way to disable it
> explicitly for some shares again.

I believe that you must always list all vfs objects that you want to
use. If you omit one, it will not be active, regardless of default-magic
when running as AD-DC. The default works only if you do not use the
option yourself anywhere. If you do, you must know what the default
options for this situation are, and append them manually.