[Samba] [Solved] Samba with Bind and GSSAPI: configuring TKEY: failure

Dr. Lars Hanke lars at lhanke.de
Tue Jun 10 02:17:24 MDT 2014

I think I found the issue. As it seems the 'tkey-gssapi-keytab' option
is not sufficient to point named to the proper keytab. Setting the
environment 'KRB5_KTNAME' to the keytab brought named up. No more TKEY
failure or domain mismatch and all samba stuff can be resolved.

named -4 -c /etc/bind/named.conf -g -u bind -d  65535 has been my friend
in troubleshooting this. It might be an idea to put a pointer into the
official Samba howto.