[Samba] Problems after PC is joined to the domain - Samba 4

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jun 5 01:37:57 MDT 2014

and more complete.

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp.

these are more for the static ip adress with overrides.

         dns-nameservers 10.1.11.50 # this is to override 127.0.0.1
	   dns-search your.domain.tld ( optional extra search domains domain.tld )
         dns-domain your.domain.tld

and to make it even more complete.

this one is used when you use DHCP Client.
see /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
and configure teh options here.

#send host-name "andare.fugue.com";
send host-name = gethostname();
#send dhcp-client-identifier 1:0:a0:24:ab:fb:9c;
#send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
#supersede domain-name "fugue.com home.vix.com";
#prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
        dhcp6.name-servers, dhcp6.domain-search,
        netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
        rfc3442-classless-static-routes, ntp-servers;
#require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;

Now you always have a "correct" resolve.conf

Good luck.
I've tried to help te ubuntu users with the "wrongs" in hostname.domainname.

read the post with subject :
RE: [Samba] Problems after PC is joined to the domain - Samba 4
ma 2-6-2014 14:51

its usefull info.

Good luck.

Louis