[Samba] Problems after PC is joined to the domain - Samba 4

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jun 5 04:40:30 MDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 09:37 +0200, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> and more complete.
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp.
>
> these are more for the static ip adress with overrides.
>
>          dns-nameservers 10.1.11.50 # this is to override 127.0.0.1
> 	   dns-search your.domain.tld ( optional extra search domains domain.tld )
>          dns-domain your.domain.tld
>
> and to make it even more complete.
>
> this one is used when you use DHCP Client.
> see /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
> and configure teh options here.
>
> #send host-name "andare.fugue.com";
> send host-name = gethostname();
> #send dhcp-client-identifier 1:0:a0:24:ab:fb:9c;
> #send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
> #supersede domain-name "fugue.com home.vix.com";
> #prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
> request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
>         domain-name, domain-name-servers, domain-search, host-name,
>         dhcp6.name-servers, dhcp6.domain-search,
>         netbios-name-servers, netbios-scope, interface-mtu,
>         rfc3442-classless-static-routes, ntp-servers;
> #require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
>
> Now you always have a "correct" resolve.conf
>
> Good luck.
> I've tried to help te ubuntu users with the "wrongs" in hostname.domainname.
>
> read the post with subject :
> RE: [Samba] Problems after PC is joined to the domain - Samba 4
> ma 2-6-2014 14:51
>
> its usefull info.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Louis

Hi
I don't think this is going to work since the OP is using a dns server
which is external to his AD. We think that his AD must be transferred to
a sub-domain of the main dns first. Machines which then need access
elsewhere should be forwarded to the existing dns setup, NOT the other
way around.
Cheers,
Steve