[Samba] Setting up of Samba4 LDAP acting in standalone server mode

Danilo Mussolini danilo at mdotti.com
Sat Jul 26 11:01:33 MDT 2014

I'm running several standalone Samba4 servers authenticating users
from a LDAP database.
After some discussion in this list, I notice that running standalone
Samba severs binding to a LDAP database and not acting as an AD DC is
not a recommended setup.
I'm not that expert in Samba and LDAP, I'm sure I have lots of
configuration errors, but it's working to me and until now fitting my
needs.

Sent from my iPad