[Samba] NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT and join domain as second DC

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri Jul 18 13:23:35 MDT 2014

Hello Bruno,

Am 17.07.2014 18:48, schrieb Bruno Andrade:
> I'm trying to join a second machine as DC, but I'm always getting
> NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.
> He runs for about 30 minutes, but then the error appears.
>
> Does anyone have been in the same situation or related?

* Do you get the timeout during the join process?
  Can you please post the full output of the
  # samba-tool domain join ...
  command (incl. the full command you use)

* Did you follow
  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

* Do you have the IP of your first DC in your resolv.conf
  on the new machine, you want to join?

Regards,
Marc