[Samba] NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT and join domain as second DC

Bruno Andrade bma at eurotux.com
Mon Jul 21 02:55:00 MDT 2014

Hey Marc,

On 07/18/2014 08:23 PM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Am 17.07.2014 18:48, schrieb Bruno Andrade:
>> I'm trying to join a second machine as DC, but I'm always getting
>> NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.
>> He runs for about 30 minutes, but then the error appears.
>>
>> Does anyone have been in the same situation or related?
>
> * Do you get the timeout during the join process?
>    Can you please post the full output of the
>    # samba-tool domain join ...
>    command (incl. the full command you use)
         I don't know for shore, because he starts replicating the
objects and if I go to active directory services, the new dc appear, but
after the error triggered he disappears and the changes suffer rollback.

         He replicates the objects from DC=example,DC=com, around 23000,
and then the error appears ... NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.

         I use the command below.
          $ samba-tool domain join example.com DC -UAdministrator
--realm=example.com --server=dc1.example.com --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ

          I run the command with and without the --server flag. The same
result.

> * Did you follow
>    https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
         Yes, I follow that guide.

> * Do you have the IP of your first DC in your resolv.conf
>    on the new machine, you want to join?
         Yes, I have

> Regards,
> Marc